Walsh IBS was involved in the refurbishment of an existing biodesign laboratory in Liverpool for Eden Biodesign.
Eden Biodesign is an integrated biopharmaceutical development organisation and part of Watson Pharmaceuticals. With a broad product line and operations in well-established and emerging markets, Watson is focused on enhancing its commercial position in global generics, brands and biologic pharmaceutical products. It targets products that will deliver long-term growth while maintaining a competitive cost structure.
Eden Biodesign is Watson’s Centre of Excellence for Biologics, delivering process and product development; cGMP manufacturing of biologics and quality/regulatory expertise from a custom-designed facility. With well over a decade’s experience producing a wide range of complex biopharmaceuticals, Eden Biodesign provides Watson with a strong foundation for establishing a leadership position in global biologics.
The works included:
- Refurbishment of an existing open plan office space and two existing meeting rooms converted to laboratory office space
- Refurbishment of an existing archive store and changing rooms/toilets to create two larger changing room and toilet areas for male and female staff
- Additional ventilation and cooling added to laboratory rooms
- UPS-backed electrical busbar within an existing ceiling void
- New UPS-backed distribution boards within the new L33, existing lab L3 and existing Lab L6
- AHU to serve the revised changing rooms